|NEW YORK YANKEES |
|RHP DARRELL RASNER |
(4-4, 3.64 ERA)
|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|LHP TOM GORZELANNY |
(5-6, 6.59 ERA)
|Game Time||7:05 EDT|
Last Game:Toronto Blue Jays (36-41) 8, Pittsburgh Pirates (36-40) 5
June 22, 2008
Winning pitcher - Dustin McGowan (6-5)
Losing pitcher - T.J. Beam (0-1)
SV - B.J. Ryan (15)
TOR HR - A. Lind (1) S. Rolen (4)
PIT HR -
- Tonight marks the first time the Yankees have played a meaningful game in the city of Pittsburgh since losing Game Seven of the 1960 World Series at Forbes Field (the clubs played an exhibition game at Forbes Field on May 14, 1962).
- Here’s a brief look at how things have changed in the last 48 years (then & now):
- price of a stamp (4 cents/42 cents).
- cost of a dozen eggs (57 cents/$1.85).
- a gallon of gas (31 cents/$4.07).
- average cost of a new home($16,500/$318,000).
- a gallon of milk (49 cents/$3.69).
- salary for a rookie baseball player ($7,000/$390,000).
- The Pirates have won four of their last five home games and six of their last eight.
- Ryan Doumit has hit safely in 15 of his last 17 games at PNC Park, going 26-for-62 (.419) with eight doubles, five home runs , 14 RBI and runs scored
- Left-handed pitcher Phil Dumatrait (bursitis in left shoulder) 15-day D.L.
- Outfielder Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery) 60-day D.L.
Wednesday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-2, 2.36 ERA) vs. LHP Zach Duke (4-4, 3.91 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Thursday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Mike Mussina (10-5, 3.93 ERA) vs. LHP Paul Maholm (5-5, 4.41 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: