|TORONTO BLUE JAYS |
|RHP DUSTIN McGOWAN |
(5-5, 4.15 ERA)
|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|RHP IAN SNELL |
(3-7, 5.84 ERA)
|Game Time||1:35 EDT|
Last Game:Pittsburgh Pirates (36-39) 6, Toronto Blue Jays (35-41) 3
June 21, 2008
Winning pitcher - Paul Maholm (5-5)
Losing pitcher - Jesse Litsch (7-4)
SV - Matt Capps (17)
TOR HR -
PIT HR - J. Bautista (8) J. Bay (15) R. Chavez (1)
- The Pirates have recalled right-handed pitcher T.J. Beam from Triple-A Indianapolis and have placed righthander Phil Dumatrait on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to June 20) due to left shoulder rotator cuff tendinitis.
- Beam has gone 2-1 with four saves and a 2.03 ERA at AAA.
- To make room on the 40-man roster for Beam, the club transferred Chris Duffy from the 15-day D.L. to the 60-day D.L.
- A victory this afternoon would give the Pirates their third three-game sweep of the season (all at home) and it would mark their first sweep of an American League team since doing so against Cleveland at PNC Park in 2001.
- Third baseman Jose Bautista has homered four times in his last seven contests, including his eighth of the season Saturday night against Toronto.
- Since May 25, Bautista’s .360 batting average (27-for-75) ranks first in the majors among third basemen.
- Left-handed pitcher Phil Dumatrait (left shoulder rotator cuff tendinitis) is on the 15-day disabled list
- Outfielder Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery) is on the 60-day D.L.
Monday OFF DAY IN PITTSBURGH
Tuesday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Darryl Rasner (4-4, 3.64 ERA) vs. LHP Tom Gorzelanny (5-6, 6.59 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Wednesday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-2, 2.36 ERA) vs. LHP Phil Dumatrait (3-4, 4.66 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Thursday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Mike Mussina (10-5, 3.93 ERA) vs. LHP Zach Duke (4-4, 3.91 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: