|TORONTO BLUE JAYS |
|RHP JESSE LITSCH |
(7-3, 3.70 ERA)
|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|LHP PAUL MAHOLM |
(4-5, 4.45 ERA)
|Game Time||7:05 EDT|
Last Game:Pittsburgh Pirates (35-39) 1, Toronto Blue Jays (35-40) 0
June 20, 2008
Winning pitcher - Tyler Yates (3-0)
Losing pitcher - Jesse Carlson (1-1)
- Jack Wilson will become one of five Pirates to appear in 1000 games at shortstop with his next appearance. The only other Pirates to appear in more games at shortstop in the 122-year history of the club are Honus Wagner (1887), Arky Vaughan (1381), Dick Groat (1242) and Jay Bell (1103).
- Since breaking into MLB in 2001, Jack Wilson leads all National League shortstops in assists (3235) and double plays (732). He also ranks second in games (999) and third in starts (983), innings (8561) and total chances (4773).
- Paul Maholm is looking for third straight win tonight. Paul is 3-1 at PNC Park this year and 5-1 with a 3.45 ERA (78.1ip/30er) in his last 11 starts at PNC.
- Pittsburgh has homered in nine of its last 10 games overall (13 home runs total). The Pirates have posted a 14-7 record at home this year when they hit at least one home run in a game.
- Since May 25, Bautista’s .333 batting average (24-for-72) ranks third in the majors among third basemen.
- The Pirates have a major league best .993 fielding percentage this month after making just five errors in 717 total chances.
- Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery) is on the 15-day disabled list. He is currently on a rehab assignment with Double-A Altoona, where he has gone 4-for-15 with two doubles and two runs scored in his first five games.
Sunday vs. Toronto 1:35 RHP Dustin McGowan (5-5, 4.15 ERA) vs. RHP Ian Snell (3-7, 5.84 ERA) FSNP
Monday OFF DAY IN PITTSBURGH
Tuesday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Darryl Rasner (4-4, 3.64 ERA) vs. LHP Tom Gorzelanny (5-6, 6.59 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Wednesday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-2, 2.36 ERA) vs. LHP Phil Dumatrait (3-4, 4.66 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Thursday vs. New York (AL) 7:05 RHP Mike Mussina (10-5, 3.93 ERA) vs. LHP Zach Duke (4-4, 3.91 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: