|PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES |
|Brett Myers |
(2-1, 4.78 ERA)
|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|LHP Paul Maholm |
(1-2, 4.22 ERA)
|Game Time||1:35 PM EST|
Winning pitcher - Tom Gordon (2-2)
Losing pitcher - Zach Duke (0-2)
SV - Brad Lidge (6)
Philadelphia Runs: 6, Hits: 10, Errors: 0
Pittsburgh Runs: 5, Hits: 8, Errors: 0
HR: PHI - J. Werth (5)
HR: PIT - J. Bay (5)
- In his two starts at PNC Park this season, Paul Maholm has gone 1-0 with a 0.79 ERA (11.1ip/1er).
- Maholm has won each of his last three decisions at PNC and five of his last six, while the Pirates have posted five straight victories and have gone 8-2 in Maholm’s last 10 starts at PNC.
- Paul has gone 13-9 with a 3.53 ERA in 35 career starts at PNC Park and ranks six all-time in wins, one behind teammate Zach Duke (Josh Fogg is the leader with 20).
- In their first three games played on Sundays this season, the Pirates have scored a total of 24 runs, beating the Marlins, 9-2, in Florida on April 6 and the Reds, 9-1, in Pittsburgh on April 13.
- In the three games, the Bucs have combined to go 33-for-110 (.300) at the plate with eight doubles and six home runs.
- Xavier Nady extended his career-high hitting streak to 14 games Saturday night.
- Nady has gone 20-for-54 (.370) with six multi-hit contests during the streak.
- Nady also leads the club in RBI (23).
- Xavier had 12 RBI during the first month of the season last year, en route to a career-high 72 for the season.
- Infielder Jack Wilson 15-Day (strained left calf; eligible for reinstatement on 4/19), sidelined since April 4 with an injured left calf, is currently in Bradenton, Florida, on rehab.
- Outfielder Chris Duffy 15-Day (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery).
Sunday vs. Philadelphia 1:35 RHP Brett Myers (2-1, 4.78 ERA) vs. LHP Paul Maholm (1-2, 4.22 ERA) FSNP
Monday at New York 7:10 RHP Ian Snell (2-1, 4.45 ERA) vs. LHP Johan Santana (3-2, 3.12 ERA) FSNP
Tuesday at New York 7:10 LHP Tom Gorzelanny (1-3, 8.46 ERA) vs. LHP Oliver Perez (2-1, 3.62 ERA) NO TV
Wednesday at New York 1:10 LHP Zach Duke (0-2, 5.34 ERA) vs. RHP Mike Pelfrey (2-1, 4.43 ERA) NO TV
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: