|LHP Mark Hendrickson |
(3-1, 3.97 ERA)
|RHP Matt Morris |
(0-2, 7.02 ERA)
|Game Time||7:05 ET|
- Loss 13-6 to Chicago, 5 game losing streak.
Pittsburgh 6, Chi. Cubs 13 at Wrigley Field
Pittsburgh Record: (7-11)
Chi. Cubs Record: (12-6)
Winning pitcher - Ryan Dempster (3-0)
Losing pitcher - Zach Duke (0-1)
Pittsburgh Runs: 6, Hits: 9, Errors: 2
Chi. Cubs Runs: 13, Hits: 18, Errors: 1
HR: PIT - R. Doumit 2 (4)
HR: CHC - A. Ramirez (4)
- The Pirates have recorded at least one double in each of their first 18 games.
- The Pirates and Cubs are the only two teams in the major leagues that have hit at least one double in all of their games.
- This mini, two-game set will close out the season series between the Pirates and Marlins, meaning the Pirates will be done with Florida before they would have played 10 other N.L. opponents for the first time.
- The Pirates have gone 15-8 against the Marlins at PNC Park, which includes at 2-2 mark last year.
- Matt Morris has a career 7-5 record with a 4.59 ERA (84.1ip/43er) in 15 games (12 starts) against the Marlins.
- He went 6-1 in his first nine games and has gone 1-4 in his last six (last win coming 8/3/05 at St. Louis) against the Marlins.
- Has been caught stealing four times in his career/twice this year (all by the pitcher - never by a catcher).
- Outfielder Nate McLouth extended his career-high hitting streak to 18 games with a single in the 1st inning Sunday afternoon in Chicago.
- The last Pittsburgh player to hit safely in 18 or more games at the start of a season was Al Oliver, who did so in 18 straight games in 1972.
- McLouth is the only player in the Major Leagues to hit safely in all 18 of his team games this season.
- McLouth’s 18-game hitting streak is the longest by a Pittsburgh player at any time during a season since Jason Kendall hit safely in 20 straight games in 2004 (May 8 thru June 3).
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Alex Rodriguez was the last Major League player to hit safely in the first 18 games of a season; he did so for the Yankees last year.
- The last player with a hitting streak of 19 or more games at the start of a season was Atlanta’s Edgar Renteria, who hit safely in his first 23 games in 2006.
- Since 1900, the National League record for hitting safely in the most consecutive games at the start of a season is held by Pittsburgh’s Charlie Grimm, who hit safely in the first 25 games in 1923.
- According to the Elias Record Book, Willie Keeler holds the Major League record by hitting safely in the first 44 games with the National League Baltimore Orioles in 1897.
- Since 1900, Grimm holds the N.L. record and George Sisler holds the American League mark by hitting safely in his first 34 games with the St. Louis Browns in 1925.
- Infielder Jack Wilson (strained left calf; eligible for reinstatement on 4/19)15-day disabled list.
- Outfielder Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery)15-day disabled list.
Monday vs. Florida 7:05 LHP Mark Hendrickson (3-1, 3.97 ERA) vs. RHP Matt Morris (0-2, 7.02 ERA) FSNP
Tuesday vs. Florida 7:05 RHP Ricky Nolasco (1-1, 6.46 ERA) vs. LHP Paul Maholm (0-2, 5.28 ERA) FSNP
Wednesday vs. St. Louis 7:05 RHP Todd Wellemeyer (2-0, 3.24 ERA) vs. RHP Ian Snelll (2-1, 4.07 ERA) FSNP
Thursday vs. St. Louis 7:05 RHP Joel Pineiro (0-2, 8.10 ERA) vs. LHP Tom Gorzelanny (1-2, 9.35 ERA) FSNP
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: