|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|LHP Zach Duke |
(0-0, 2.89 ERA)
|CHICAGO CUBS |
|RHP Ryan Dempster |
(2-0, 2.37 ERA)
- Loss 13-1 at Chicago
Pittsburgh 1, Chi. Cubs 13 at Wrigley Field
Pittsburgh Record: (7-10)
Chi. Cubs Record: (11-6)
Winning pitcher - Jason Marquis (1-0)
Losing pitcher - Tom Gorzelanny (1-2)
Pittsburgh Runs: 1, Hits: 7, Errors: 1
Chi. Cubs Runs: 13, Hits: 12, Errors: 0
HR: PIT -
HR: CHC - D. Lee (7) D. Ward (1)
- The Pirates have lost four games in a row after winning four straight.
- Zach Duke has gone 4-2 with a 2.01 ERA in nine career starts against the Cubs.
- In their first two games played on Sundays this season, the Pirates have scored a total of 18 runs, beating the Marlins, 9-2, in Florida on April 6 and the Reds, 9-1.
- Outfielder Nate McLouth extended his career-high hitting streak to 17 games with a double in the 5th inning Saturday afternoon.
- The last Pittsburgh player to hit safely in 17 or more games at the start of a season was Al Oliver, who did so in 18 straight games in 1972.
- McLouth is the only player in the major leagues to hit safely in all 17 of his team games this season.
- McLouth’s 17-game hitting streak is the longest by a Pittsburgh player at any time during a season since Freddy Sanchez hit safely in 17 straight games in 2005 (9/16 thru 10/2).
- The last Pirate to produce a hitting streak longer than 17 games was Jason Kendall (20 games in 2004).
- Infielder Jack Wilson (strained left calf; eligible for reinstatement on 4/19)15-day disabled list.
- Outfielder Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery)15-day disabled list.
Sunday at Chicago 1:20 LHP Zach Duke (0-0, 2.89 ERA) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (2-0, 2.37 ERA) FSNP (HD)
Monday vs. Florida 7:05 LHP Mark Hendrickson (3-1, 3.97 ERA) vs. RHP Matt Morris (0-2, 7.02 ERA) FSNP
Tuesday vs. Florida 7:05 RHP Ricky Nolasco (1-1, 6.46 ERA) vs. LHP Paul Maholm (0-2, 5.28 ERA) FSNP
Wednesday vs. St. Louis 7:05 RHP Todd Wellemeyer (2-0, 3.24 ERA) vs. RHP Ian Snelll (2-1, 4.07 ERA) FSNP
Thursday vs. St. Louis 7:05 RHP Joel Pineiro (0-1, 14.73 ERA + today) vs. LHP Tom Gorzelanny (1-1, 6.75 ERA + today) FSNP
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: