|CINCINNATI REDS |
|RHP JOHNNY CUETO |
(1-0, 2.03 ERA)
|PITTSBURGH PIRATES |
|LHP TOM GORZELANNY |
(0-1, 10.80 ERA)
- 4-3 Victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Winning pitcher - Ian Snell (2-0)
Losing pitcher - Mike Lincoln (0-1)
SV - Matt Capps (3)
Cincinnati Runs: 3, Hits: 14, Errors: 3
Pittsburgh Runs: 4, Hits: 8, Errors: 1
- Outfielder Nate McLouth has a league-leading 21 hits in the first 11 games this season.
- Over the last 10 seasons (1999–2008), the only other National League player with that many hits through his team’s first 11 games was Paul Lo Duca for the Dodgers in 2004 (22 hits).
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last Pittsburgh player with 21 or more hits in the team’s first 11 games of a season was Johnny Ray in 1986 (21).
- Nate McLouth has tied his career high by hitting safely in 11 straight games (also 2007).
- Among all major league players, McLouth currently ranks first in hits (21), sixth in the N.L. in batting (.396) and is tied for third in RBI (11).
- McLouth is also tied for first in the National League in total bases (33) and extra-base hits (9).
- Gorzelanny is 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA (12.0ip/9er) in two starts against Cincinnati.
- Infielder Jack Wilson (strained left calf; eligible for reinstatement on 4/19)15-day disabled list.
- Outfielder Chris Duffy (rehabbing from left shoulder surgery)15-day disabled list.
Monday at Los Angeles 10:10 EDT LHP Zach Duke (0-0, 2.13 ERA) vs. RHP Hiroki Kuroda (1-1, 2.13 ERA) FSNP
Tuesday at Los Angeles 10:10 EDT RHP Matt Morris (0-1, 5.25 ERA) vs. LHP Hong-Chih Kuo (0-0, 0.00 ERA) FSNP
Wednesday at Los Angeles 10:10 EDT LHP Paul Maholm (0-1, 4.35 ERA) vs. RHP Brad Penny (1-2, 3.86 ERA) NO TV
Visit the BTW Forum to discuss this post.Register for the forum here: