The Post Gazette is also running and article on talented players never to make a second ballot for the hall of fame. In order to make a second ballot a player must receive 5% of the votes. Wonder if Bobby Bonilla makes the second ballot? I am surprised he made the first.
One shocking player not to make a second ballot was Dan Quisenberry.
Yesterday ChicagoSports.com wondered why the Braves would trade a 32 home run hitter, in LaRoche, with Andruw Jones a year away from free agency. This is part of the Whispers section.
Some other notes from the Post Gazette Hot Stove Report:
- Bucs aren't impressed with the remaining RHSP's.
- Lawrence to Colorado?
- McCutchen in Pittsburgh by end of 2007?
- Wilson working on ankles and calves strength. Guess he wants to look better in heels?
- Wilson apologizes for bad D in 2006.
- Jonah Bayliss has an inside track to the bullpen after a nice winter season.
BTW wishes you a Merry Orthodox Christmas.